Email Page Print Page

My Story

Kerry | age 52
Administrative Assistant
Lakewood, CO
12 years, 4 months since her MammoSite treatment.

In January of 2007, I found an area of concern on my nipple area of my left breast. In February, that area grew overnight to the size of a nickel. I immediately went to my local doctor with concern. From then on I was on a roller coaster whirlwind that I do not wish on my worst enemy. My doctor referred me to have a mammogram done where they found a total of three areas of concern, two in one breast, one in the other. From there, I had an ultrasound done. A week later, I had a biopsy done on all three areas. That was the worst of all the occurrences that took place. I was so sore and my left breast turned every shade of blue possible. I even have pictures to show. The biopsy turned into good and bad news. The original area that I went in for was a cyst. The single spot of concern was nothing but they did find CANCER deep in my left breast. It was early on, stage 0, but still that was scary enough. What do you mean I have breast cancer? I don't feel a lump? Am I going to die? What next? Like I said, I don't wish this whole ordeal on my worst enemy. I did not sleep for over a month. How could someone with all the thoughts, questions, and concerns going on in my head? Who should I tell? My parents? My daughter? I am a single mom and if I die, then what for her? Etc. Etc. Etc. Well, I ended up having a lumpectomy and the new speedy five-day intensive radiation therapy. Thank God for that. I lived up in the mountains one hour from the closest hospital and I could not imagine going to have radiation done everyday for SIX weeks. I was so lucky and blessed that I qualified for the 5-day radiation. Quick, Painless, Worry Free and A Lifesaver for me.

This profile is solely the words of the person who received MammoSite Targeted Radiation Therapy to treat breast cancer. Note that this profile is specific to this particular person, and experiences will vary.